Terms & Conditions
- You undertake that there will be no impediment to the provision of Emergency Childcare in the Location.
- You agree to provide sufficient Supplies to ensure the provision of Emergency Childcare to your child/ren. You consent to Leor accessing your Supplies for the provision of Emergency Childcare to any child/ren in Leor’s care.
- You agree to provide toilet and kitchen facilities that are clean and in good working order to enable the provision of Emergency Childcare. You consent to the use of these facilities by Leor Staff.
- You represent that the Care Spaces will be clean and free of hazards or risks to Leor Staff and child/ren.
- You agree to prevent any animals from being in the vicinity of the Care Space during the provision of Emergency Care.
- The maximum number of children that can simultaneously receive Emergency Childcare is four (4). Leor may, however, determine that it cannot deliver Emergency Childcare to four (4) children simultaneously due to the needs and abilities of one or more children. Leor reserves the right to determine the maximum number of children to whom it can deliver Emergency Childcare at any time during the Booking. You agree that any reduction to the number of children receiving Emergency Childcare at any time during the Booking does not sever this Agreement.
Your Family’s Needs
- In order to ensure the effective delivery of Emergency Childcare you agree to provide information to Leor Staff when they first arrive at the Location in relation to the child/ren’s circumstances, including but not limited to:
- feeding routines or food preferences, allergies or intolerances;
- sleeping routines;
- toileting habits;
- child/ren’s interests;
- injury or illness;
- religious or cultural practices;
- the names and ages of adults regularly residing at the Location; and
- the time that you, or any other adult, usually resident at the Location will be in attendance during the Booking;
- the regular attendance, or residence of, any animals at the Location.
- You warrant that you will use your best endeavours to refrain from exposing Leor Staff to infection, viruses, contagious illness or disease, and injury, including not knowingly exposing Leor Staff to such risks.
- Under no circumstances are you to require Leor Staff to engage in the following activities:
- swimming or any other pool related activities;
- attendance at medical appointments, unless in case of emergency;
- domestic assistance or cleaning;
- nursing services;
- disability services.
- Under no circumstances will Leor Staff grant access to the Location to any persons not identified as usually resident at the Location, including but not limited to:
- couriers or delivery personnel;
- maintenance, construction, or gardening personnel;
- domestic cleaning personnel.
- In the event that any of the personnel identified at clause 10 above require access to your Location at a time that Emergency Childcare is being delivered, you agree that you, or an Authorised Person, or another person identified by Leor as a resident of the Location, will be present for the entire duration that such personnel are in attendance at the Location. For clarification, you agree to refrain from leaving Leor Staff in the Location with the personnel identified at clause 10 above without any other adult present.
- You agree to communicate to Leor Staff the name of any Authorised Persons with whom the child/ren can be left at the end of the Booking.
- You agree to grant Leor Staff access to the Care Space for the provision of Emergency Childcare on the times and days indicated in the Booking.
- You agree to provide Leor Staff with access to WiFi for the purposes of streaming children’s music and electronic learning materials on their smart devices for the provision of Emergency Childcare.
- In the event that the Emergency Care is shared with another family, you waive any future claims for costs that you incur as a result of this arrangement, irrespective of whether the Location is used for the provision of Emergency Childcare or not, against Leor or any other party to this Agreement. For clarification, such future claims include but are not limited to costs incurred in respect of utilities, Supplies, maintenance of the Location, and acting in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
- Leor Staff are entitled to breaks during any shift that exceeds five hours’ in duration. There may be circumstances where Leor Staff may be unable to take a rest break in conjunction with your child/ren’s rest period. You therefore provide consent to Leor Staff consuming meals and drinks during their shift and taking a rest break whilst a child, or children, is/are engaged in an activity where they are also appropriately supervised by Leor Staff.
- You acknowledge that Leor Staff may be mandatory reporters under relevant State, Territory or Commonwealth legislation and may therefore be required to make reports to State, Territory, or Commonwealth authorities if they form the view that a child is at risk. You agree to indemnify Leor for any losses that it incurs as a result of Leor Staff exercising their mandatory reporting obligations in respect of your child/ren. You further agree that you will not make any claims against Leor arising from the exercise of any mandatory reporting obligations by Leor Staff in respect of your child/ren.
- You warrant that you will communicate with Leor Staff, and all children in a respectful, courteous, and honest manner at all times.
- Should you need to contact Leor Staff, you agree to do so using the email@example.com email address, by calling 02 9051 0511 or by using any software application nominated by Leor for such purposes, including any last minute communication in regards to the Booking and/or provision of Emergency Childcare. You are not permitted to gain access to the personal contact details of Leor Staff unless provided to you by Leor through official channels.
- You agree to provide feedback to Leor regarding the provision of Emergency Childcare through the completion of surveys or answering of questions sent to you by Leor from time to time. You consent to the publication of your feedback by Leor for promotional purposes.
Changes & Cancellations
- Fees paid for Emergency Childcare are not refundable.
- In the event that you need to reschedule the booking, you can do so by clicking the Reschedule link in the Booking confirmation.
- If the Location is not located in a region where Leor delivers Emergency Childcare as stated on the Leor Website, fees will be refunded minus a $10 administration fee.
- Late fees will be charged if an Authorised Person fails to attend the Location by the end of the Booking. Late fees are calculated at $160 per hour, charged in fifteen (15) minute increments of $40.
- You are not permitted to take video or audio recordings of Leor Staff or the provision of Emergency Childcare, without the prior written consent of Leor.
- You are not permitted to copy, distribute, or publish any information or documentation provided to you by Leor, including but not limited to this Agreement, and information conveyed to you through any software application, without the prior written consent of Leor.
- You agree not to collect personal and/or sensitive information about Leor Staff or use or disclose such information about Leor Staff to third parties.
- You consent to Leor collecting and using personal and sensitive information about you as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) for any purpose related to providing you with Emergency Childcare.
- If a dispute arises under this Agreement you agree to adopt the following dispute resolution process, in the following order:
- discuss your concern with Leor Staff;
- notify Leor in writing of your concern, if requested to do so by Leor Staff;
- attend a dispute resolution conference, if requested to do so by Leor Staff; and
- in good faith, provide due consideration to any offer of settlement put forward by Leor.
- You agree to indemnify Leor for any loss that it incurs as a result of any breach by you of this Agreement.
- If a court finds that any part, clause or provision of this Agreement is void, invalid or unenforceable, that part, clause or provision will be severed and the rest of the Agreement will continue to operate.
- You represent that there are no limitations, whether physical, psychological or otherwise, on your ability to fully understand the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- You understand that in order for Emergency Childcare to be delivered you are required to facilitate access to the Location and provision of the Supplies.
- The following clauses shall survive any termination of this Agreement:
- clauses 24, 26, 27, 28 and 29.
- The terms and conditions in this Agreement cannot be varied except in writing and signed by all parties.
- This Agreement is governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, the laws of the State of New South Wales and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State.
“Agreement” means this document, as well as any representations made by you in the Booking form and in communication with Leor Staff during the Booking.
“Authorised Person” means a person authorised to relieve Leor Staff at the end of a Leor Booking and keep the child/ren in their sole care.
“Booking” means the timeslot that has been booked for the provision of Emergency Childcare.
“Care Space” means a space indicated by you or another Authorised Person at the time Leor Staff arrive for the provision of Emergency Childcare.
“Educator” means an early childhood educator who holds a qualification in early childhood education or a related field.
“Lead Educator” means a person holding a Bachelor degree or higher qualification in early childhood education or a related field.
“Leor” or “Leor In Home Early Learning” mean Leor Pty Ltd ABN 42624560121.
“Emergency Childcare” means the provision of childcare in a Location, including any steps required by Leor to maintain, assess and monitor the provision of these services.
“Leor Staff” means any person employed by Leor, including but not limited to a person employed as a Lead Educator, Educator and Relief Educator.
“Leor Website” means https://www.leor.com.au.
“Location” means the address where the Emergency Childcare will be delivered.
“Relief Educator” means an Educator or a person who has partially completed a qualification in early childhood education or a related field.
“Supplies” means food, running water, drink bottles, breastmilk, formula, nappies, wipes, milk, eggs, cooking oil, beds, cots, bedding and any other items necessary for the care of the child/ren.